Year 5 - Bikeability
In September, 48 Year 5 children were lucky enough to participate in the Bikeability Level 2 programme.
In this course, the children learnt to:
- Cycle safely and responsibly
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Start and stop on-road journeys
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Share the road with others and communicate with other road users
- Comply with signals, signs and road markings
- Manage risk when cycling
- Negotiate junctions (pass side roads, turn at T junctions, and crossroads and roundabouts if present).