Year 6 Information
Welcome to Year 6
This is Year 6's information page where you can find all relevant information regarding your child's class and daily routines.
Support Staff: Mrs Cox, Mrs Knott
- Aragon House Team PE t-shirt
- Plain black or navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms.
- Branded clothing and colourful leggings are not permitted.
- It is advised that no jewellery is worn and long hair is tied back on this day for health and safety reasons.
Equipment: In Year 6, we feel it is important to help aid the children with the transition from Year 6 to Year 7. Therefore, we politely request that Year 6 pupils provide their own equipment (clearly named) and should be re-stocked when necessary. We have found this to be highly beneficial to the pupils by developing their independence skills and taking care of their own equipment.
- Clear pencil case (not branded or patterned), 3 x HB pencils, blue handwriting pen, rubber, pencil sharpener, 30cm clear ruler, clear protractor, glue stick, whiteboard pen, 3 x different coloured highlighters (not pink or green), purple editing pen, lever arch homework folder.
- Dictionary – Oxford English Dictionary (not junior)
- Thesaurus – Oxford Paperback Thesaurus (not junior)
- Colouring pencils
Snacks: Children are encouraged to bring a healthy snack to eat at break times (11-11:15am). Water bottles with water only are permitted in class.
Homework: Attached is the Year 6 homework timetable. Please note that the timetable slightly changes between Autumn and Spring term. All homework is due in the following day.
In order to help the children manage this expectation, homework club is available (Monday and Wednesday after school). If homework is not completed, the child will be expected to complete the incomplete homework in an assigned classroom during their lunchtime.